[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I recently was set up to be able to use SquirrelMail as already installed
and used for some time.  I am having an individual *user* problem, not an
installation problem.

I created several mail folders.  Some I set to contain subfolders, some
not.  I then reorganized my entire system for sorting mail and wanted to
delete all the folders I had created to start over.  I was able to delete
the folders which were visible in the drop-down menu next to the MOVE
button, which was all the folders set up to contain messages, but not the
folders set up to contain sub-folders.

When I select these folders in the 'delete' bar, in the 'Folders' page, it
allows me to slect them, and asks if I'm sure I want to delete them. However, when I hit 'yes,' I get an error message saying that the folder
does not exist.

However, the folder still appears both on the 'folders' list and on my
left-hand bar listing folders.

I have unsubcribed to the folders.  This stops them from appearing in the
left-hand bar.  However, I still cannot delete them.  Once they are all
unsubscribed, the delete option says "Cannot find folders to delete."

This is not a satisfactory resolution for me because I wish to create new
folders which would contain messages, rather than sub-folders, by the
names currently in use by the old folders.  Because I cannot delete them,
when I try to create a new folder by the same name, I am given an error
message, stating that there is already a folder by this name.

For the time being, I will work around this by resubscribing to the
folders, renaming them with names I don't want to use, unsubscribing to
them, and creating new folders with the proper names.  However, this seems
like a ridiculaous work-around.  If nyone can tell me how to simply delete
the unwanted folders, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.


It's a shame this has not been responded to - is this not a bug anyone else sees? What I can helpfully add is that once you RE-subscribe to a folder you CAN then delete it.

Ie Unsubscribe -> Subscribe -> Delete.

If squirrelmail could fix this problem that would be grand.

Information:
sqm: 1.4.4
linux redhat enterprise
uw-imap
php 4.3.11



-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by: Discover Easy Linux Migration Strategies
from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps, straightforward articles,
informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you need to get up to
speed, fast. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7477&alloc_id=16492&op=click
--
squirrelmail-users mailing list
Posting Guidelines: 
http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/wiki.php?MailingListPostingGuidelines
List Address: [email protected]
List Archives: 
http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user
List Archives:  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=2995
List Info: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-users

Reply via email to