iClou wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 14:50 -0700, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>>
>> iClou wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi
>> > I run squirrelmail on ubuntu 9.04 successfully.
>> > When I switch to a different smtp server which requires tls then I get
>> the
>> > following error message. (the server runs on port 25)
>> >
>> > "0 Can't open SMTP stream"
>> >
>> > I tried to connect from other clients to the same smtp server and it
>> works
>> > fine.
>> > Any idea how to resolve this?
>> >
>> Don't confuse TLS with StartTLS extension.
>>
>> Stable SquirrelMail versions support plain text SMTP and SMTP-over-SSL.
>> If
>> you set SquirrelMail to use TLS, you set it to connect to SMTP-over-SSL
>> service.
>>
>> Service on 25 port can be only plain text SMTP with optional StartTLS
>> extension.
>>
>> StartTLS is supported only in SquirrelMail 1.5.x and limited number of
>> PHP
>> versions.
> I upgraded to version 1.5.x; now I can connect to the server -thanks!
> But the email get the content-transfer-encoding: 8bit, see this extract
> from the email:

> Such emails will not be delivered through the Internet.
>
> How does this come and how can I resolve this?
What kind of error you get? Which SquirrelMail version are you using? Which
SMTP server are you using? Can you show EHLO response of SMTP server?

telnet your-smtp-server 25
> server's greeting
ehlo your-hostname
> some response that I want to see
quit

There is nothing wrong in this header. Emails with
same header. Are you from China? Some countries filter internet traffic. Not
sure how it is done in your country. I don't think that traffic filters
block "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit"

iClou wrote:

> Is it possible to specify different user/passw for different email
> addresses?

SquirrelMail can use same username/password as specified in webmail login or
one username/password for all users.
List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):