Hi,

and thanks to Tomas Kuliavas for the fast and reliable answer: I had
installed the system with german locale "de_DE.UTF-8", but SM needs
de_DE ISO-8859-1, as Tomas wrote.
Since I already had german system messages, I thought I was using the
right locale, :-).
I've installed de_DE ISO-8859-1 additionally with dpkg-reconfigure,
restart the webserver, and SM shows german messages.

Thanks again,

and have a nice hackin',

Harald

List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):