My users have predefined "realnames" and emailadresses.
Since we're German, some users habe a "Umlaut" (äöüß) in their name.

Now ONE user set her SquirrelMail to English, which results in the
predefined "realnames" containing a garbled Umlaut (iso8859-1 encoded
ö becomes an UTF-8 square containing a "?").

How can I configure SM to use iso8859-1 for english as well?
Or the other way round - UTF-8 for all?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin