Hi everyone,
I am able to get squirrelmail to work with gmail without imapproxy.   I have
enabled imapproxy on my machine and set squirremail to connect to localhost
port 144I get the following error in squirrelmail:
Error connecting to IMAP server: 127.0.0.1.
111 : Connection refused
can anyone help with this.. I am having a hard time finding any documentation.

Here is my imapproxy.conf file:
## imapproxy.conf#### This is the global configuration file for imapproxy.##
Lines beginning with a '#' sign are treated as comments and will be## ignored.
Each line to be processed must be a space delimited## keyword/value pair.##
### server_hostname#### This setting controls which imap server we proxy our
connections to.#server_hostname imap.gmail.com

### cache_size#### This setting determines how many in-core imap connection
structures## will be allocated.  As such, it determines not only how many
cached## connections will be allowed, but really the total number of
simultaneous## connections, cached and active.#cache_size 3072

### listen_port#### This setting specifies which port the proxy server will
bind to and## accept incoming connections from.#listen_port 144
### listen_address#### This setting specifies which address the proxy server
will bind to and## accept incoming connections to.  If undefined, bind to
all.## Must be a dotted decimal IP address.#listen_address### server_port####
This setting specifies the port that server_hostname is listening on.## This is
the tcp port that we proxy inbound connections to.#server_port 993
### cache_expiration_time#### This setting controls how many seconds an
inactive connection will be## cached.#cache_expiration_time 300

### proc_username#### This setting controls which username the imap proxy
process will run as.## It is not allowed to run as "root".#proc_username nobody
### proc_groupname#### This setting controls which groupname the imap proxy
process will run as.#proc_groupname nogroup

### stat_filename#### This is the path to the filename that the proxy server
mmap()s to## write statistical data to.  This is the file that pimpstat needs
to## look at to be able to provide his useful stats.####
protocol_log_filename#### protocol logging may only be turned on for one user
at a time.  All## protocol logging data is written to the file specified by
this path.#protocol_log_filename /var/log/imapproxy_protocol.log

### syslog_facility#### The logging facility to be used for all syslog calls.
If nothing is## specified here, it will default to LOG_MAIL.  Any of the
possible## facilities listed in the syslog(3C) manpage may be used here
except## LOG_KERN.#syslog_facility LOG_MAIL

### syslog_prioritymask#### This configuration option is provided as a way to
limit the verbosity## of imapproxy.  If no value is specified, it will default
to no priority## mask and you'll see all possible log messages.  Any of the
possible## priority values listed in the syslog(3C) manpage may be used here.##
By default, I've left this commented out so you will see all possible## log
messages.##syslog_prioritymask LOG_WARNING

### send_tcp_keepalives#### This determines whether the SO_KEEPALIVE option
will be set on all## sockets.#send_tcp_keepalives no

### enable_select_cache#### This configuration option allows you to turn select
caching on or off.## When select caching is enabled, up-imapproxy will cache
SELECT responses## from an imap server.#enable_select_cache no

### foreground_mode#### This will prevent imapproxy from detaching from his
parent process and## controlling terminal on startup.#foreground_mode no

### force_tls#### Force imapproxy to use STARTTLS even if LOGIN is not
disabled.##force_tls yes

### chroot_directory#### This allows imapproxy to run in a chroot jail if
desired.## If commented out, imapproxy will not run chroot()ed.  If## a
directory is specified here, imapproxy will chroot() to that##
directory.##chroot_directory /var/empty

#### enable_admin_commands#### Used to enable or disable the internal imapproxy
administrative commands.#enable_admin_commands no

### Various path options for SSL CA certificates/directories##tls_ca_file
/usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt#tls_ca_path
/usr/share/ssl/certs/#tls_cert_file
/usr/share/ssl/certs/mycert.crt#tls_key_file /usr/share/ssl/certs/mycert.key

List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):