I don't know if it's me or what. But it was like pulling teeth to find out where this file, logindomainlist is supposed to be located. From what I read, there were no reference to its location. Its explanation is good but geez. you couldn't find it with the find command or anything.

Anyway for those whom are new to sqwebmail, it needs to be located at /usr/local/share/sqwebmail/logindomainlist. Atleast this location works for me.

Thanks to all for the support here but it seemed unecessary to endured something as simple as trying to locate documentation for the logindomainlist.

-rkl

Paul L. Allen writes:

Tanmaya Anand writes:

I want that user should only type his user name, & he should be logged in.
For example, [EMAIL PROTECTED] , when opens mail.abc.com/cgi-bin/sqwebmail
or abc.con/cgi-bin/sqwebmail, he should only supply his username user1 & not complete [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In recent sqwebmails this is accomplished using the logindomainlist
file. See README.logindomainlist.html.

Also, i want to make a custom HTML page from which i can ask user's username & password & using POST, i submit it to sqwebmail, which in logs the user into his account.

Why not simply use sqwebmail's login page? If it's a matter of
keeping the URL simple then you could always use apache's rewrite
facilities or put up a page with a meta refresh tag.

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support