I have a weird problem that has been occuring infrequently but is rather
annoying regardless.

I have a couple of customers that have called to complain that they are
getting an error message when they login to the sqwebmail interface.

Basically what happens is that they get the login screen, type in their
username and password and then hit the login button. They are then greeted
by an error message.

"Internal error (module sqconfig.c, line 63) - contact system administrator"

I have tracked down the error to have to deal with the sqwebmail-ip file in
the maildir folder. For some reason (and this is the rather perplexing part)
if that file is owned by root, I get the above error message. It is
obviously a permissions issue as once I change the owner of the file from
root (which it seems to be when ever I look at it with regard to this
problem) to vpopmail, the error goes away and the sqwebmail client works as
it should.

I should stress that this particular issue is infrequent, and I was hoping
somebody might be able to point me in the right direction as to why this
happens.

I am using an NFS backend for the mail store, so it is possible that this
might be a contributing factor, but I don't know for sure.

Is it possible that an sqwebmail client crashes out (I have a couple of SIG
11's in the syslog from time to time) before it has updated the perms on the
files in the users dir?

Anybody else encouter this?

TIA,

Tom Walsh