Hi,

I'm using the latest (stable) version of sqwebmail (3.6.0), which
seems to have major problems with the German umlaute (ä,ö,ü) -
(problem occurred with older version too).

E.g. the following text:

> lehrgang zur studienberechtigungsprüfung in horn

> dargestellt werden, sodass texte mitunter gar nicht gelesen werden
> können.

appears this way:

> lehrgang zur studienberechtigungspr??g in horn

> dargestellt werden, sodass texte mitunter gar nicht gelesen werden
> k??n.

I have to point out that characters, which appear in the above example
as a '?' (question mark) are usually rectangles.

You can see, that after the Umlaut three additionally characters are
taken away and are replaced by two rectangle-characters.

I was reported that the same happens with special characters like
!"§$%&/()

It does not seem to be a problem from the web browser - as these
rectangle characters already appear in the source code. It shouldn't
be the mail itself either, as my MUA can show them properly.

How could this happen? Has anyone the same problem? Is there a
solution for this problem?

Is it only caused by sqwebmail, or is the MUA, with which the message
was created, causing this problem too? (We know, that M$ is not that
serious with mime types...)

This would be an example (excerption) of the mail header:

Hope anyone could give me a hint to solve this problem,

regards, Christian