On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 09:07:10AM +0300, Alexey Kolobynin wrote:

> >> I understand this, but can I change both passwords from sqWebmail?
>
> BC> I don't understand. You said already that you have configured sqwebmail to
> BC> use plain passwords and cram-md5, and you also said that the plain text
> BC> password is being changed successfully in userdb. Therefore it should be
> BC> working. There is no separate "cram-md5" password in userdb.
>
> I use
>
> userdbpw | userdb username set systempw
>
> for plain password, and
>
> userdbpw -hmac-md5 | userdb [EMAIL PROTECTED] set hmac-md5pw
>
> for cram password. Therefore in userdb file I have 2 passwords.

OK, I've read the userdb[pw] manpages and I'm surprised that Courier
*requires* this intermediate password to be available, if the cleartext is
available as well.

Are you _sure_ that Courier/Sqwebmail actually uses the hmac-md5pw value to
authenticate, since I don't find any reference to it in the source code
apart from userdbpw and its documentation?

$ find . -type f |xargs grep -i md5pw

Regards,

Brian.