Good Day,

I did a further analysis of the problem mentioned before.

While analysing the source of Courier POP3D I found that
it does not recognize new messages in new/ but when I moved
the message manually to cur/ the retrieval was working.

The rename() call does not work. In fact, the NTFS file
system does not allow the ":" character, used as MDIRSEP.
I recompiled pop3d and it worked like a charm.

SqWebMail does not implement MDIRESP but has fixed strings
of ':' within the code.

The constant is available in all source files so the
conversion should be relative simple.

I worked a few hours on the source but due to my limited
C++ knowledge I was not able to convert all occurences to
MDIRSEP and it got unstable.

Can someone with more knowledge of the internal structures
make a small patch to make the seperator character changeable?

That would help me a lot!

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Markus