thanks for the hint

but I have installed sqwebmail on an debian system with apt-get
and Im a Rooky

how can I change the timeout after installation.

in the install manual is written

   A  login  session  is automatically logged out after certain period of
   inactivity.  The  timeout period defaults to 20 minutes, and is set by
   the  --enable-softtimeout  option  to the configure script. It is also
   possible  to  adjust  this  value by setting the SQWEBMAIL_TIMEOUTSOFT
   environment   variable.  For  example,  with  Apache,  by  adding  the
   following to httpd.conf:

SetEnv SQWEBMAIL_TIMEOUTSOFT 3600

this line does not like my apache
ther is an error whenn added this line after apachectl configtest

and ther ist shurly no 20 minutes default

this are all directoys I have about sqwebmail

/etc/cron.d/sqwebmail
/var/www/jbk-net.com/sqwebmail
/var/www/sqwebmail
/var/cache/sqwebmail