Hi Alex,

I had the opportunity to play around with this recording and it works very
well. We have it implemented on production by the way.

The information about how it works, recording formats you can find in the
README here (https://github.com/sipwise/rtpengine).

Once you have the recording you need a third-party tool to convert those
files to a wav format for instance. It depends on the codec the call is
being recorded the convert tool you have to use like ffmpeg.

Another thing to say is for video calls it does not record the video stream
just the audio stream.

Regards,

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 11:27 AM, Alex Balashov <abalas...@evaristesys.com>
wrote:

> I have gathered that RTPEngine has recently, or perhaps some time ago,
> evolved a recording feature set:
>
> https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.0.x/modules/
> rtpengine.html#rtpengine.f.start_recording
>
> Does anyone have any experience using it with Kamailio? How does it
> work? Any gotchas or pitfalls?
>
> It looks like recording is done via a separate daemon specifically for
> that purpose. Does it emit directly in a playable format, or more or
> less just dump the raw, RTP-encapsulated frames?
>
> --
>
> Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)

Alberto Llamas
Telecommunications Engineer
dCAP | KPAC | SSCA

*"Internet is all about share"*