Hello,

if Polycom does end to end presence, then you do not need to run
presence server in kamailio. Just route the SUBSCRIBE like an INVITE or
MESSAGE, so it gets to the other device. If you have devices that also
use presence server model, things get a bit complex, as you need to do
different kind of routing for each specific device.

Cheers,
Daniel

On 15.09.17 16:28, John Janke wrote:

> So I’m using a Polycom VVX 310 with Presence enabled (both on Phone
> and Kamailio) and the phone is sending SUBSCRIBE messages but not
> PUBLISH.  I have tried various phone configurations without success.
> The closest thread to my situation I found online said this:
>

> “The thing is Polycom phones perform end-to-end subscription to
> presence event.
>
> It worked when I changed the routing configuration to simply relay the
> SUBSCRIBE request to the monitored device.
>
> (I'm using OpenSER as SIP proxy.)”
>

> I’m not sure if this is correct as it’s from 2012, but in the case
> that it is I don’t quite understand how to implement this.  Any help
> on how to edit the config file?
>

> John Janke
>
> Progressive Innovation and Automation, Inc.
>
> PO BOX 309
>
> Plainfield, IL 60544
>
> Direct: 847.316.9028
>
> Office: 800.688.9051 x 55328