Hello,

Kamailio IP: 172.21.1.108, listening on port 5060
Asterisk IP’s: 172.21.1.97, and 172.21.1.124 both listening on port 5060

Here is a tcpdump which has the issue in it.  I did a MicroSip call, which did
work, and the Error I am speaking of did happen.  Note: In this dump, I am
running a cluster of 2 Asterisk Servers, however, this Error occurs even if I
have only one Asterisk server with no dispatching, and rtpproxy turned off.
However if rtpproxy is on, after each call, I do see an additional error =>

Nov 14 08:45:08 vadev2 /usr/local/sbin/kamailio[20525]: ERROR: rtpproxy
[rtpproxy.c:2536]: force_rtp_proxy(): incorrect port 0 in reply from rtp proxy

In trying to further understand Kamailio –

  *   Is there a way to limit the port trying to be opened to a maximum high
number E.g. a port of < 20000?  Even if this would work, I would still like to
understand what Kamailio is trying to accomplish by the connection it is trying
to make.
  *   Are there any sources for a more in-depth understanding as to how
Kamailio functions?

Also, if anyone has any input on my second question I would really appreciate
it.

Thank you for looking at this,

-Steve