I need to track all messages (SIP Requests, SIP Responses) for some SIP
dialogs. Let's say I need to log something specific on each state for calls
initiated from a certain IP (initial request, temporary replies, rejection with
a negative response, call was accepted with 200, termination with BYE,
termination with CANCEL  etc. ).
I am thinking on using flags but I am not sure after reading the tutorial  on
flags
(http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/tutorials:openser-flag-operations)
if that is going to work properly. The doc says: "They provide a very easy and
fast way of keeping states during processing a request or during a
transaction". I am afraid that the ACK if the call is accepted and the BYE
won't be tracked properly because they are not part of the initial transaction.
Also the doc does not mention if the flag is preserved among branches spawned
during the processing of the call.

The idea is for example:

request_route {
        if (is_method("INVITE")){
                if ($si == "192.168.168.100"){          #condition that would
set the flag, INVITE came from "my_IP"
                        #flag/mark dialog
                        setflag(1);
                        #log call from "my_IP" was received
                }
                route("INCOMING);
        }
        If(loose_route() ){
                if (is_method("ACK")){
                        if(isflagset(1)){
                                #log ACK related to "my_IP" was received
                        }
                }
                if (is_method("CANCEL")){
                        if(isflagset(1)){
                                #log CANCEL related to "my_IP" was received
                        }
                }
                if (is_method("BYE")){
                        if(isflagset(1)){
                                #log BYE related to "my_IP" was received
                        }
                }
        }
}

Then :

route["INCOMING"] {
        # do some processing
        # do some processing

        t_onreply("INCOMING");
        t_on_failure("INCOMING");
        t_relay();
}

onreply_route[INCOMING] {
        #do some processing
        if(isflagset(1)){
                #log a reply related to "my_IP" was received
        }
}

failure_route[INCOMING] {
        #do some processing
        if(isflagset(1)){
                #log a negative reply related to "my_IP" was received
        }
}

Will the flags work on this case ?

My 2nd approach is to use a htable and use the call_id for my calls as the key.
The on each route section (reply, failure_reply, ACK processing etc.) find the
$ci on the htable and if it is there do the appropriate action. But I need to
delete the key:value once the call ends or leave it autoexpire with a expire
value bigger than the max_call_duration_time that we have in our system.