Hi Carsten,

Just to be sure, let me add some questions, below:

1) We do DNS based failover between locations according to RFC3263 (Locating
SIP-Servers). E.g. if a server or datacenter goes down, the I-CSCF would
re-route the traffic to the other server or datacenter
[CV]: Is it true, that you mean with "server" e.g. one logical S-CSCF that runs
as active/passive node. That means, if one "server" goes down, the registration
data and all calls are gone and the client has to register again (should happen
very seldom, e.g. less than once every 5 years).

2) We run the S-CSCF as Active/Passive Node, where we restart Kamailio on the
Passive node in case of single-node failure.
[CV]: do you have an idea of switchover time in dependence from number of
active registrations, from the instance the error occurs, until the instance
the passive node has restored the data from the database (e.g. range from msec
to some sec ?) - may happen several times a year

Kr,
Christoph

The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged and confidential
and is for the exclusive use of the addressee. The person who receives this
message and who is not the addressee, one of his employees or an agent entitled
to hand it over to the addressee, is informed that he may not use, disclose or
reproduce the contents thereof, and is kindly asked to notify the sender and
delete the e-mail immediately.