Am Montag, 7. Mai 2018, 13:11:50 CEST schrieb Pinter, Gerd.:
> Hi
> Won't RTP Proxy cause al lot of traffic? We only have 155mbit for all IT
> traffic, and our Sip Server also have to manage connections outbound our
> house, where I thought it might be better let those clients do the payload
> by peer to peer connection. If I got it right this traffic would flow thru
> our Sip server with RTP Proxy enabled.
>  Thanks a lot

Hello Gerd,

you understood it correctly, indeed using rtpengine/rtpproxy would mean routing
additionally your RTP traffic to your network. Depending on the number of
sessions and
the used codec it may work perfectly, only with some QoS tuning or not at all.
You can
estimate the bandwith, there are also some calculators online.

Best regards,

Henning Westerholt