Hi all,

I’ve a scenario where after lookup() I get multiple branches, and I want to
drop some or all of them based on some filter criteria in a branch route before
sending requests out. Problem is that if all branches are dropped, kamailio
replies with some implicitly generated 500 server error since there are no more
branches, but I want to send a 404 or 480 instead.

Is there a way to determine if I’m processing the last active branch (so all
others have been dropped already), so I can send a graceful reply like 404 or
480 instead of dropping this last branch as well if I decide I have to filter
that one too?

I’m thinking of a hash table table or something to track and decrease the
number of branches for a call, and based on a flag (whether one of the previous
branches has been sent out or all have been dropped so far) either drop the
last branch or reply with an error. However I’m wondering if kamailio comes
with a mechanism to determine the branch state out of the box?

Thanks,
Andreas