Hi,

I am fairly new to Kamailio and had a question regarding how to use
Kamailio to enable Session refresh functionality when Kamailio is acting as
Sip Stateful Proxy.
Kamailio Version used: *5.3.2* with *Call Load based routing* using
the *dispatcher
*module.

* From what i understand from the documentation, Kamailio will probably not
be acting as a session refresher, but Kamailio can tear down the call in
case session refresh is negotiated, between the caller and the callee(via
Kamailio Sip Proxy), and no message exchange happens in the duration set in
Session-Expires header. *Is my understanding correct?*

** *I believe the above functionality is possible by using the *sst* and
*dialog* module. I have set the same according to the documentation but I
keep getting the following error:
"dialog [dlg_handlers.c:681]: *get_dlg_timeout(): invalid AVP value, using
default timeout*"
Can someone share a working example?

* When i tried hardcoding the timeout value by setting the timeout_avp to a
specific value, Kamailio did sense a timeout and hence sent a BYE towards
the caller and the Callee side both(which is what the requirement is),
however, i do see the *dialog is still not cleared* in the "kamcmd
dispatcher.list". Output excerpt below for reference:

[root@CPaaSVM ~]# kamcmd dispatcher.list
{
        NRSETS: 1
        RECORDS: {
                SET: {
                        ID: 1
                        TARGETS: {
                                DEST: {
                                        URI: sip:172.27.44.121:5080
;transport=tcp
                                        FLAGS: AP
                                        PRIORITY: 0
                                        ATTRS: {
                                                BODY:
duid=sample-cas;maxload=1000
                                                DUID: sample-cas
                                                MAXLOAD: 1000
                                                WEIGHT: 0
                                                RWEIGHT: 0
                                                SOCKET:
                                        }
                                        LATENCY: {
                                                AVG: 111.304000
                                                STD: 1042.193000
                                                EST: 2.385000
                                                MAX: 9999
                                                TIMEOUT: 1
                                        }
                                        RUNTIME: {
                                                DLGLOAD: *1*
                                        }
                                }
                        }
                }
        }
}

It is noteworthy that in case the BYE is initiated by either the caller or
the callee, the dialog is cleared properly and the DLGLOAD is set to 0 on
call termination.

Any pointers for the above questions would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Harneet

--
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how
improbable, must be the truth" - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle