> On Dec 13, 2022, at 10:09 PM, Jawaid Bazyar <baz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That is working, however, on subsequent messages in the dialog (e.g., ACK,
> INFO, BYE) the proxy tries the failed destination for each message.
> Eventually it gets to the right place, but, is there a way to delete the
> failed destination from the XAVP so this doesn't happen? Or just to force
> subsequent messages in the transaction to use the same (working) destination?
>
> Sorry for all the questions, I'm a newbie!

Not at all!

Forcing subsequent in-dialog messages to go to the same destination is inherent
to correct proxy behaviour; it just requires some additional logic that is part
of typical Kamailio boilerplate. (You can only get away with having a
'minimalistic' config for so long. :)

Check this out:

https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/blob/master/etc/kamailio.cfg#L658-L698

You'll want to put that near the top of your config, well before you handle any
initial INVITEs.

A simplified version that will work for your purposes:

    if(has_totag()) {
        if(loose_route()) {
            if(!t_relay())
                sl_reply_error();

            exit;
        } else if(is_method("ACK")) {
            if(t_check_trans()) {
                if(!t_relay())
                    sl_reply_error();

                exit;
            }

            exit;
        }

        sl_send_reply("404", "Not here");
    }

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)