Hi,

I use evapi_async_relay() very extensively, and can say that the transaction
does time out if it goes unreplied, and relatively quickly. I haven't checked
exactly which timer guides this, but it doesn't remain suspended indefinitely.
I don't think that's a concern.

-- Alex

> On 29 Nov 2023, at 07:42, Daniel-Constantin Mierla via sr-users
> <sr-users@lists.kamailio.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> a suspended transaction is kept silently for the duration of the timeout (see
> t_set_fr()), then it fails and jumps to a failure route (if you set one) --
> maybe you can leverage this mechanism somehow.
> Cheers,
> Daniel
> On 29.11.23 12:53, Ilie Soltanici via sr-users wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to use the evapi_async_relay function from the evapi module,
>> however,I don't want the transaction to be suspended for more than 1 second.
>> For instance, if there's no response from the external application within
>> this time frame, I want the script to continue and remove that transaction
>> from memory.
>> One potential approach I am considering is to add suspended transactions to
>> a hash table with a timestamp value. Then, using rtimer module, I could
>> periodically parse this table every second and process the results, but I'm
>> not sure how efficient is that.
>>
>> Maybe you know other alternative, more efficient solutions (from a
>> performance point of view) that could achieve the same goal?
>> Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
>> Thank you.

> --
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla (@ asipto.com)
> twitter.com/miconda -- linkedin.com/in/miconda
> Kamailio Consultancy and Development Services
> Kamailio Advanced Training -- asipto.com

Alex Balashov
Principal Consultant
Evariste Systems LLC
Web: https://evaristesys.com