So the initial idea was to prolonge the expiry of the redis key within the
timer. The expiration would be set to a value a bit higher than the timer
interval. At each timer iteration, the key would be renewed.
That way, if a call teardown occurs because of an unexpected event (so no
BYE/CANCEL), the redis object would expire itself because the timer would stop
running (and thus renewing the key) if the call transaction had ended?
However, I can't do that since I need to get the call-id/extension within the
timer route to pick the right key.

So my alternative would be to store the dialogs into redis and loop over those
within the timer to compare them to the existing callstate keys. If a dialog
would no longer be known, I could delete the matching callstate key. However,
it appears that the dialogs aren't cleaned up during unexpected events so it's
of no use neither?

Regards