Hi Jayapal,

"Integration" is a vague concept. It's important to have some understanding of
where Kamailio fits in in relation to FreeSWITCH, and what sort of
functionality is provided by each.

Broadly speaking, absent any other clarity, FreeSWITCH is a PBX and voice
application server, while Kamailio can be thought of as a "router" or
infrastructural "glue" that gets the traffic in and out of FreeSWITCH. A common
application is to use Kamailio to scale up FreeSWITCH, e.g. as a load balancer.
Kamailio has some other capabilities as well, such as being a centralised
registrar used by multiple FreeSWITCH servers to reach end-user devices.

Kamailio's logging destinations are basically up to you to manage.
Traditionally, this was a matter of setting the `log_facility` core parameter:

https://www.kamailio.org/wikidocs/cookbooks/5.7.x/core/#log_facility

e.g. `log_facility=LOG_LOCAL0`, and then routing that facility in your syslog
daemon configuration to a particular log file, e.g. in /etc/rsyslog.conf:

   local0.*              -/var/log/kamailio.log

With the advent of `systemd`, there is a systemd-journald and syslog forwarding
dimension to this as well.

-- Alex

> On 21 Feb 2024, at 06:26, jayapal--- via sr-users
> <sr-users@lists.kamailio.org> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I am new to Kamailio and seeking assistance. I have installed FreeSWITCH
> version 1.10.11 and Kamailio version 5.6.5. I have two inquiries:
>
> I aim to configure FreeSWITCH with Kamailio. Could someone kindly guide me on
> achieving this integration?
>
> I am curious about the storage location of Kamailio's log files. Could
> someone please provide information regarding this?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help and guidance.

Alex Balashov
Principal Consultant
Evariste Systems LLC
Web: https://evaristesys.com