I imagine that you could use tools like Doxygen for this. Doxygen is something
we use in
Kamailio to create developer docs - web pages that explains variables,
functions and
takes data from comments with a special syntax.

Here’s one example:
http://rpm.kamailio.org/doxygen/sip-router/branch/master/index.html

There are several similar tools, like jdoc and perldoc.

/O