Radhe Krishna To all,

A true Bhakta may give up all his wealth but never the service given to him by
his Guru. It is only through 'krupa'(Grace) that one attains Moksha. 'krupa'can
be earned only from one who has earned it ('krupa') from the Lord. One cannot
earn the Grace of the Lord by himself; through his own efforts.

Once, I visited a devotee's home. There were two boys in that home. The younger
one was hardly five years old. It was just a few days before Diwali and the
children were engaged in bursting crackers and burning sparklers. The younger
boy was trying to light a sparkler but it would not light up. So he sought the
help of his elder brother whose sparkler was already lit. When his elder
brother brought his burning sparkler close to the younger one's it immediately
caught up and began to sparkle. At once the little one remarked, "Hey, brother,
See! Only your burning sparkler could light up mine immediately. Has not Guruji
said that only Mahans who have the Grace of God can bless us with it?"

I was amazed to find how deep the words had gone into a child that he was able
to draw a parallel even in lighting a sparkler!

It is indeed rare to earn the Grace through one's own efforts. Grace is not an
act. One should not complain that he has not been blessed with the Lord’s
grace. God/Guru is never partial to anyone. If you hurt a Mahan it does not
augur well for you. On the other hand if you make him happy it is verily
invoking his grace. Act in a way that would invoke his pleasure and thus earn
his grace. Keep exerting effort towards this end. The day he is pleased with
you the Lord would pour His grace on you. This is verily 'krupa' and it is not
an act.

Ananthazhwar was determined to earn the grace of his Guru Sri Ramanuja. He,
therefore, would not share the work ordained by the Guru with anyone else. The
Lord, however, could not stand the devoted couple toil hard. Since Anathazhwar
was not willing to accept his help he snatched the shovel from Ananthazhwar's
hand. Angry, Ananthazhwar hit the young boy on the chin. The boy went away with
his chin bleeding. At the same time, in the Temple the priests were shocked to
see the Lord's chin bleeding. The Lord spoke to them through one of the
priests.

The Lord does speak to us. He desires to speak to us. Let us say that a man
from China visits us. He is able to converse only in his language and does not
know ours. However, he nurtures the desire to convey something to us. He speaks
to us in his language and tries hard to make us understand what he wishes to
convey. Yet, we are not able to understand. So, he gets the services of an
interpreter. In the same way, the interpreter whose services the Lord takes to
convey His messages to us is verily the Sadhus. Therefore, the words of Sadhus
are verily the words of God. It is through the Sadhus that God passes on His
messages to the world. We should never be indifferent to the words of Sadhus.
We cannot afford to ignore them, for, they are verily the Lord's words.

Lord Venkateswara informed through a priest that when He went to lend a helping
hand to Ananthazhwar and his wife the former hit him and thus his chin was cut.
The Lord also told them to bring the soil touched by the feet of Ananthazhwar
and apply it to his chin to stop the bleeding and to heal the wound! Even to
this day a paste of 'karpoor' is applied to the Lord's chin, in memory of this
incident. It is called 'Sri Paadarenu'. 'Paadarenu' means dust from the feet.
Whose feet? Verily 'Sri's'. Well! Who is Sri? Here, service ('kainkaryam') is
verily the Sri. How did service turn into 'Sri'? This is not a service rendered
by us (directly) but the Service ordained by the Guru. Such Guru ordained
service turns into eternal 'Sri'. Service rendered though the Sadguru
transforms into everlasting 'Sri'. ('Sri' is the Consort of Lakshmi, the
Goddess of wealth – translator.)

We should always try to discern the philosophy. We call Hanuman a 'chiranjeevi'
(one who lives eternally). Well! Do not Rama and Krishna live eternally? Why is
this term accredited to Hanuman only? All those who serve the Lord are verily
Hanuman. Thus, we find that there is no dearth of people in the world to serve
the Lord. People, one after another, keep coming to serve the Lord. So, Hanuman
is 'chiranjeevi' – lives here eternally.

!!! Will Continue !!!
Sri.Sri.Muralidhara Swamiji's discourse on

Power of Nama Kirtan 4 - The Easiest Path in Tamil language....

Pl click the link below....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba6My7vKAEo

Regards
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
If you have any questions or doubts concerning Spirituality, Mental peace or
problems in life or about dharma, please write to us by clicking here:
http://www.namadwaar.org/answers/askquestion.php
His Holiness Sri Sri Swamiji personally answers these questions for you and
suggests prayers.