>Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:49:08 -0700
>From: Matthew Lynn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>P.S.  Any idea what the syntax for compiling SSH 3.0.1 under IRIX with
>TCP wrappers is?  ./configure --with-libwrap=/usr/lib/libwrap.a doesn't
>work even when I put libwrap.a in /usr/lib.   The command ./configure
>--with-libwrap=/usr/lib doesn't work either.

Are you sure tcpd.h is in a location configure will find?  gcc and configure
look in /usr/local by default so you should be able to put libwrap.a in
/usr/local/lib and tcpd.h in /usr/local/include and see if that fixes your
problem.

If not, look in config.log and see what the error is.  If this doesn't help, I
also find it helpful to put -xv at the top of the configure script after the
shell invocation--#!/bin/sh -xv.  Then find the area that tests for libwrap.
When you find it put an exit after that section and run configure.  It will be a
mess, but the exit helps you stop it at the place you are trying to debug.  The
nice thing is it shows the created include file and command line used to compile
it.  You can then run it yourself and see what errors are displayed.

        --Dave

--
David Knight French
Black Mountain Computer Consulting