Alle,

        I am trying to run a V2.4.0 server process on a Solaris 8 (01/01 Dist) box
that is setup as an LDAP client to an iPlanet Directory Server (V5.0) using
the native Solaris LDAP client software. I have checked the box as NIS
client and it works well, but as an LDAP client, I get nothing but
authorization failures from any potential client, even with local accounts.
Using the client software is no problem. I have tried 3.0.1 with the same
results. Has anyone encountered this problem? I haven't found anything in
the archives.

Best Regards,
Camron

Camron W. Fox
Project Leader for Systems Engineering
Hilo Office
High Performance Computing Group

Fujitsu America, INC.
E-mail:                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone:                  (808) 934-4102
Pager:                  (808) 934-1290
Cell:                           (808) 937-5026