re. Sam Evans -
I must disagree with your comment the the tin cans are 'inherently' stronger
than Roundhouse gas tanks. I have been told that the end 'valve' blows out at
two / three hundred psi.
The figures I quoted were given in conversation with RH & they apply both to
RH cylindrical & rectangular tanks - they have made them that way.

I think Clark got it right - it is a butt covering exercise.
A wise precaution in a country where mishaps are never due to individual
stupidity but always to manufacturers, the previous government, or both.

Art Walker, Guildford.