From: "Geoff Spenceley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Multiple recipients of sslivesteam" <sslivesteam@colegroup.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: Planes and trains

 >>You hit the nail onthe head, Keith,

Some know about our models, some don't-- I suggest lack of training so I duly now and here, appoint you: Keith Bucklitch as a STEAM ( "Security Train Expert Agent Manager) . Just write to George W and the Queen to confirm your appointment. Your Salary? mega bucks-er -Quid? a month. Our security agents are not well trained liked those at Heathrow, the US agents are a mixed bunch from my experience and not very professional. I usually lecture them which makes my day but not theirs when I ask for their supervisor!

    Geoff.

>>Geoff. > >My experience is that the scanner operators at Heathrow airport have >no difficulty in telling exactly what is in the box. I took a 16mm >scale loco to New Zealand, via Chicago and Los Angeles. It was >carried in a blue plastic toolbox. At Heathrow, I asked the scanner >girl, "Can you tell what it is?" "A locomotive" she replied, "Do >you want to come and have a look?" So we put the loco, in its box >back on the conveyor and nipped round to the viewing side. Not only >could one see the detail of the steam loco, but tell the colour of >it as well. > >When we had to go through the scanners again at Chicago, it was a >totally different story. They just did not have a clue! "What's in >the box, Man?", "You'll have to open the box." I did, but I don't >think they still knew what it was! > >I had similar response at LA last February when I was returning to the
UK.