Gary,

I was skeptical of a plastic live steamer. I had the pleasure of
running one of the first engines at Sinsheim Germany in Jan. I had
hoped to prove my prejudice right. We unpacked the case charged the
batteries oiled and watered it as per instructions. The valve gear
reminded me of Astor? The delivered Radio control is one of the finest
I have ever seen.  The engine worked perfectly without glitch. The
lights failed after a while and the sound is like a tape recorder
running for a couple of minutes and then starting again and again so
we switched that off. Who needs it anyway? The engine pulled a good
train of 1:20.3 cars and performed I am afraid to say excellently. The
engine now belongs to the editor of the German "Gartenbahn" magazine
and he has not mentioned anything negative so far. If I should move
from US NG in 1:20.3 to normal gauge locos I think I would buy one in
spite of my prejudice especially at the price all inclusive. How the
situation will look after a couple of years is something we will only
know in a couple of years. I can get spares for some British and
German engines which have been on the market for over 10 years, These
are of course manufacturers of the engines. I have my own workshop and
what I cant buy I can make which makes life easier. In a nut shell I
know of no reason not to give one a try.



Bert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to