Hi,

there are two schemes of password management with LDAP servers
- the LDAP server supports attributes like 'shadowLastChange',
  'shadowExpire' etc to store the relevant information at a central
  storage, but the evaluation is done on the client
- the server supports password policies (see
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-behera-ldap-password-policy-10 )
  and all management and evaluation is done on the server side.

My question is whether we shall support the first one as a 'legacy'
option (pam_ldap does), or if we should only implement to the second
one?

Btw. I think currently the LDAP component of IPA supports none of the
above.

bye,
Sumit