On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 21:02 +0200, Sumit Bose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this one should fix #223. Because sshd runs as root the old password
> was
> not sent to sssd and changing the user password failed. Please review
> carefully.

I guess the problem here is to understand what do current pam modules,
when used through the proxy backend, expect.

Do they skip checks or ignore if the provided password is valid or not ?
Should we think of forking a child in proxy and running it as the user
that is attempting the password change? (Assuming we know it ?)

Otherwise the patch looks sane to me, so I'd give a tentative ack.

Simo.