On 04/07/2016 11:51 AM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 09:16:21AM +0200, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
On (06/04/16 18:38), Jakub Hrozek wrote:
Hi,

I'm sorry I didn't catch this when I developed the original patch, but
today I was trying to write the leak patches as Lukas suggested the
other day..I haven't succeeded at that yet, but I found another leak.

Even if you will not able to write a test your effort has some outcome.
I glad my idea was not useless.

I'm actually not sure how to write them properly. Normally for the leak
checks, we would use global_talloc_context instead of NULL in the code
from the start, but since the memberof plugin uses NULL internally and
it's a plugin, so there's no _send-style entry point, this wouldn't
work.

I'll try to see if we can use talloc_enable_null_tracking(), though, but
ldb also leaks some memory on the NULL context during normal operation
(IIRC when loading modules), so maybe we'll have to do some trickery
there..

You can use talloc_total_size(NULL) if you enable null tracking.