Title: #140: gcc7 related fixes

lslebodn commented:
"""
>> >Let me try to re-phrase. Is there any other part of the code where we
>> >can be bite by the very same issue?
>> >
>> >In a lot of places we don't initialize the output vars and may be the
>> >case we end up hitting this very same "smelly hyper optimization" as
>> >well.
>> >

>> I cannot see any other warning related to uninitialized data.
>> Does it answer your question?
>>

>Kinda. Actually, it does, but the question was poorly formulated.
>Shall we preventively change this in any other places? (And no, it doesn't
>mean we should change it as part of this patch).

compilers/static analysers might found real cases where variable
is used uninitialized. And initializing them to NULL will just hide bugs.

Wmaybe-uninitialized is a little bit complicated due to optimisations with
-O2/-03 and the only reasonable way is to initialize variable or to prevent
inlining of functions. Of course; we can rewrite the function but compiler
might do the same kind of optimisations it needn't be so simple.

LS

"""

See the full comment at
https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/140#issuecomment-276382605