Title: #139: Initial revision of sssd pytest framework

jhrozek commented:
"""
On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 08:29:15AM -0800, lslebodn wrote:
> On (02/02/17 08:14), Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> >On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 12:18:44AM -0800, fidencio wrote:
> >> Looking at the patches I see this can be a completely new library instead
> >> of being part of SSSD.
> >> Knowing this it does make sense to have it as a submodule or even a
> >> completely external library (but still under SSSD group).
> >>
> >> I'd like to know the opinion of the more experienced developers about
> >> this.
> >
> >I also like the idea of a git submodule, because IIRC these tests are
> >supposed to be used kind of separately by downstream.
> >
> May I know  why git submodule is better?
>
> The idea is that all test will pass with upstream
> so upstream distributions should use the version from tarball (+ patches)
>
> Or could you describe your use-case why git-submodule is better?

I was under the impression that the tests should also be usable by
downstream. The submodule would make it possible to git clone just the
tests w/o the rest of sssd.

"""

See the full comment at
https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/139#issuecomment-277008377