On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 10:07:08AM +0100, Sumit Bose wrote:
> As an alternative, but even more complicated you can make the SID
> available via D-Bus/InfoPipe and then lookup user and group by ID.
>
> So it looks like sss_nss_getsidbyuid() and sss_nss_getsidbygid() should
> be added to the interface. Would you mind to open a ticket about this on
> https://pagure.io/SSSD/sssd/new_issue or do you prefer me doing this?

Maybe I misread your comment and you're actually proposing what I'm
going to say, but can you think of a reason to not expose the SID (if
availabel) on the D-Bus interface in the set of the default attributes?

Is there any information leak by this? I think not, because you can
always open a python console for example and run the id-to-sid
translation.