Title: #710: data_provider_fo: fix error in hostname retrieval

jhrozek commented:
"""
I think this would fix the error, but I have two more questions:
1) Do you agree it would be nice to fix all gethostname() calls in a similar
manner?
2) I like the sizeof(arr)/sizeof(elem) approach you took. I also now noticed,
with the help of some git grep that we have this already defined as a macro
called `N_ELEMENTS`, but only in the test code. Do you think it would make
sense to move the macro to e.g. utils.h and reuse it outside the test code?
"""

See the full comment at
https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/710#issuecomment-445773513