On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 06:01:09PM +0000, Licause, Al (CSC AMS BCS - UNIX/Linux
Network Support) wrote:
> Is that to say that when using this under RHEL v6.3 in which we use sssd to
> authenticate the user
> and then /etc/sudo-ldap.conf to affect the sudo commands, there is no caching
> ?

There is no caching of *sudo rules*. Caching of the user and his
credentials is still available.

> And are you also stating that this should work w/o sssd and just the
> combination of /etc/ldap.conf
> and /etc/sudo-ldap.conf ?

Define "this". You still need something to read the user identities
with, be it sssd, nss-pam-ldapd or something completely different. sudo
can't do it by itself.

> If so, I'm confused because everything I've read states that ldap.conf is no
> longer used in RH V6
> or at least 6.3 and beyond.     I can not get authentication to work with
> ldap.conf along having
> shutdown sssd.

On 6.3, the alternative to SSSD for user and group lookups is
nss-pam-ldapd. Just configuring ldap.conf is not enough.

> But I can understand that if a utility outside of sssd is necessary to get
> sudo working for ldap
> users, that caching is disabled for that function.     Am I correct in my
> assumptions ?

Correct.
  • Re: [SSSD-users] No... Jakub Hrozek
    • Re: [SSSD-user... Licause, Al (CSC AMS BCS - UNIX/Linux Network Support)
      • Re: [SSSD-... Dmitri Pal
        • Re: [S... Jakub Hrozek
          • Re... Licause, Al (CSC AMS BCS - UNIX/Linux Network Support)
        • Re: [S... Licause, Al (CSC AMS BCS - UNIX/Linux Network Support)
          • Re... Jakub Hrozek
            • ... Licause, Al (CSC AMS BCS - UNIX/Linux Network Support)
            • ... Michael Ströder
            • ... Licause, Al (CSC AMS BCS - UNIX/Linux Network Support)
            • ... Jakub Hrozek
            • ... Licause, Al (CSC AMS BCS - UNIX/Linux Network Support)
            • ... Dmitri Pal
            • ... Licause, Al (CSC AMS BCS - UNIX/Linux Network Support)
            • ... Michael Ströder
            • ... Ondrej Valousek
            • ... Jakub Hrozek
            • ... Ondrej Valousek
            • ... Licause, Al (CSC AMS BCS - UNIX/Linux Network Support)