On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 02:03:00PM -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> On 10/09/2013 01:22 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> > On 10/09/2013 01:05 PM, Ondrej Valousek wrote:
> >> Hi List,
> >>
> >> I have noticed that since F19 I can not use lines beginning with
> >> spaces in sssd.conf - sssd complains otherwise. Was this an
> >> intentional change? I used spaces/white characters to ident the
> >> config for better readability. Thanks,
> >>
> >> Ondrej

> > There was a change in the underlying libini_config library to
> > treat spaces as wrappers by default.
>
> Just to clarify what this means: libini_config changed its behavior so
> that a leading space should be interpreted as a line-continuation from
> the previous line. So if you had REALLY long data (such as a complex
> ldap_search_filter), you could make it more readable by spreading it
> out on multiple lines.
>

> > It is probably a bug in the SSSD implementation of libini_config
> > Hm... yes.
> >
> > Line 225 in
> > https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/sssd.git/tree/src/util/sss_ini.c
> > s/0/INI_PARSE_NOWRAP
> >
> > You can definitely file a ticket for that.
> >

> Feel free to file a ticket, but I think the wrapping behavior may
> prove more useful. Hard to say.

In general I agree that the wrapping functionality is useful, but I
don't think we should be changing behaviour to the point where SSSD
doesn't start after an upgrade.

I think we should do the change Dmitri proposed and file another ticket
to decide whether it makes sense to munge existing configuration files
with an upgrade script and change to the line wrapping version.