On 21/07/14 13:54, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 01:47:47PM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
On 21/07/14 11:15, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 08:47:24AM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
Normally I use ADSI Edit to adit the permissions. If you right-click the
sudo container in ADSI, select properties and then go to the Security Tab,
do you "Authenticated users" there ? btw I'm using Windows Server 2012,
not sure if the dialogs look any different in earlier versions.
So what you are saying is, to get a UNIX program to work on a UNIX machine
running against a UNIX AD DC, you have to to set it up on a WINDOWS machine
??? What happens if you do not have a windows machine or if you do, you
don't have ADSI Edit ??
No, but this is the first time in this thread you mention you're using
Samba and not a real AD.. I know you probably mentioned Samba in some
previous threads, but I forgot that, sorry.
Sorry if I didn't explicitly say I was using a samba AD DC, I didn't think
it mattered as an AD server is an AD server, whether it a samba AD server or
a windows AD server.
From what you posted, I have found the problem(after installing XP in a VM,
installing RSAT etc), Domain computers was only being allowed to read
'OU=SUDOers'. it wasn't being allowed to read any of the children.
I now need to work out how to alter the 'nTSecurityDescriptor' attribute of
OU=SUDOers ( replacing '(A;;RPLCRC;;;DC)' with '(A;CI;RPLCRC;;;DC)' ) using
only linux tools ;-)
This would be a really nice HOWTO!
sssd-users mailing list
Well, changing the ACL's on a folder in AD turned out to be fairly easy,
samba4 has a command for it, little or no documentation on how to use
it, but that's opensource for you ;-)
I found and read this page:
This explained just how SDDL's are made up and what their constituents
mean, I now just had to work out the syntax for the samba-tool command
and after a few failures, this is what I came up with:
samba-tool dsacl set -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb
The only problem that I found with that approach was, you can only add
ACL's, you cannot replace them.
If a search of 'OU=SUDOers,DC=example,DC=com' shows that the ACL is
already set, but is incorrect, then at the moment, you only have two
options, use windows tools or use ldbedit:
ldbedit -e nano -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -b dc=example,dc=com
I actually added the correct SDDL with samba-tool and then deleted the
wrong one with ldbedit.
sssd-users mailing list