When debugging sssd it would be nice to be able to do various operations that
getent can't do (e.g. 'name-to-sid' or 'sid-to-uid' etc.) or nss is not
configured to do (testing that auth works e.g.) and the wbinfo tools has a
pretty good list of the typical things that an admin or developer would want to
do to test sssd or winbind, but ... I couldn't find an sssd equivalent of
wbinfo and it looks like this is a know issue, e.g. I saw this thread
http://serverfault.com/questions/795004/what-is-the-sssd-equivalent-for-wbinfo
and others.

Is there any work in progress on an sssd equivalent of wbinfo?