Sumit,

thanks for your answer.

Sumit Bose <sb...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Michael Ströder wrote:
>> I'm currently trouble-shooting performance issues on CentOS 6.10 running
>> sssd 1.13.3 using sssd-ad as backend.
>>
>> Enumeration is already disabled.
>>
>> Also these options were set (DNS names obfuscated):
>> ad_enabled_domains = ad1.example.com
>> ad_server = dc1.ad1.example.com, dc2.ad1.example.com
>> ad_enable_dns_sites = false
>>
>> Looking sssd still asks various naming contexts of the *many* other
>> trusted domains.
>>
>> Any clue how to effectively disable all "foreign" lookups?
>
> ad_enabled_domains will ignore requests looking up users and groups from
> domains not listed but I guess if a user from domain ad1.example.com is
> a member of a group from ad2.example.com this group will still be looked
> up.

Fortunately every group needed should be in forest ad1.example.com.

> Setting 'subdomain_provider = none' should disable all kind of domain
> discovery.

I couldn't find this in the man pages.

Where is this parameter documented?

Is it already available in package sssd-1.13.3-60.el6.x86_64 on
RHEL/CentOS 6.10?

Is it a global or a domain-specific parameter?

We tried that (both global and domain), but no change.

Still all domains are tried which are found beneath
DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=ad1,DC=example,DC=com. My impression is also that
this is done recursively leading to sssd contacting 70+ domains...

> But depending on the other stetting you might e.g. have to
> set ldap_idmap_default_domain_sid to tell SSSD about the domain SID of
> the local domain to make automatic id-mapping work.

No ID-mapping needed in this case. The MS AD entries contains uidNumber
and gidNumber attributes.

Ciao, Michael.