I have working AD (Samba) for office with mostly Linux machines and few
users on Windows 10.
I'm using sssd to join the AD with the following configuration:

[sssd]
> domains = xxxxx
> config_file_version = 2
> services = nss, pam
> [domain/xxxxx]
> ad_domain = xxxxxx
> krb5_realm = XXXXXXX
> realmd_tags = manages-system joined-with-samba
> cache_credentials = True
> id_provider = ad
> krb5_store_password_if_offline = True
> default_shell = /bin/bash
> ldap_id_mapping = True
> use_fully_qualified_names = False
> fallback_homedir = /home/%u
> access_provider = ad

We have EMC storage, joined to the AD. Everyone is using it. On Windows
it's being mapped via smb, and in Linux via nfs.

I'll explain it as simple as I can. If I'm Linux user X and I create folder
on the storage then list it to check ownership and permissions, it appears
as it should - with owner X, and group domain users.

Next, I log on Windows machine with the same user (X), browse the storage
and create another folder. Then, on a Linux machine I list it, to check
ownership. Now for owner I'm getting bizarre generated uID - "1000043", but
the group remains as it should (domain users). Obviously this is a problem,
as it messes up access to files/folders which need to be used between
different operating systems.
Next, from linux machine I check the uid for that particular user: *id X*,
so I'm getting result "1115001239" which is OK. This is the uid as Linux
understands it.
If I copy that uid, then in AD users and computers management tool (in
windows) I browse that particular user, and manually add the uid to the
shown uidNumber attribute:

[image: ad_attrs.PNG]

Then clear SSSD cache with *sss_cache -E*.
The next file/folder I create from Windows is now successfully shown with
correct owner name in Linux.
This is kind of a solution, but isn't perfect as it requires a bit of
manual interaction. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with SSSD, or it
is purely up to Samba? Is there a better way to achieve what I want.

Cheers guys