Hello list,
I'm trying to setup sssd to access automounter rules stored on an AD (samba
4.7.6).
I followed the instructions on this site, however it doesn't work for me.
https://ovalousek.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/autofs/
In the sssd_logfile I see, that the "auto.master" map is found by sssd  within
the ldap search path.
However, the reference to the auto.home and the corresponding user mounts does
not seem to be found.

Using sssd to authenticate against Active Directory works well.

Any ideas what's going wrong here? Thanks for looking in this issue!

OS: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
sssd 1.16.1-1ubuntu1.4
sssd-ad 1.16.1-1ubuntu1.4
sssd-ad-common  1.16.1-1ubuntu1.4
sssd-common 1.16.1-1ubuntu1.4
sssd-dbus  1.16.1-1ubuntu1.4
sssd-ipa   1.16.1-1ubuntu1.4
sssd-krb5  1.16.1-1ubuntu1.4
sssd-krb5-common 1.16.1-1ubuntu1.4
sssd-ldap   1.16.1-1ubuntu1.4
sssd-proxy  1.16.1-1ubuntu1.4
sssd-tools 1.16.1-1ubuntu1.4

Here is the configuration. Additionally, I attached logfiles with log_level 9

****sssd.conf****

[sssd]
domains = info.privat
config_file_version = 2
services = nss, pam, autofs

[pam]

[nss]

[autofs]

[domain/info.privat]
debug_level = 5
ad_server = tfaddc2.info.privat
access_provider = ad
auth_provider = ad
krb5_realm = INFO.PRIVAT
cache_credentials = True
id_provider = ad

autofs_provider = ad
ldap_autofs_entry_key = cn
ldap_autofs_entry_object_class = nisObject
ldap_autofs_entry_value = nisMapEntry
ldap_autofs_map_name = nisMapName
ldap_autofs_map_object_class = nisMap
ldap_autofs_search_base = ou=automount,dc=info,dc=privat

nsswitch.conf

automount:      files sss

****AD****

dn: OU=automount,DC=info,DC=privat
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: automount
name: automount

dn: CN=auto.master,OU=automount,DC=info,DC=privat
objectClass: top
objectClass: nisMap
cn: auto.master
name: auto.master
objectCategory: CN=NisMap,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=info,DC=privat
nisMapName: auto.master

dn: CN=auto.home,OU=automount,DC=info,DC=privat
objectClass: top
objectClass: nisMap
cn: auto.home
name: auto.home
objectCategory: CN=NisMap,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=info,DC=privat
nisMapName: auto.home

dn: CN=/home/,CN=auto.master,OU=automount,DC=info,DC=privat
objectClass: top
objectClass: nisObject
objectCategory: CN=NisObject,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=info,DC=privat
nisMapName: auto.master
cn: /home/
name: /home/
nisMapEntry: auto.home

dn: CN=user1,CN=auto.home,OU=automount,DC=info,DC=privat
objectClass: top
objectClass: nisObject
objectCategory: CN=NisObject,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=info,DC=privat
nisMapName: auto.home
nisMapEntry: -fstype=nfsv4,nosuid,rw,dir_index,user_xattr,proto=tcp,port=2049
server:/export/lra/user/user1
cn: user1
name: user1