On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 06:32:22PM -0500, Spike White wrote:
> All,
>
> Microsoft has announced a new vulnerability in its AD domain controllers.
> They are promising a fix by mid-Jan 2020, but in the meantime
> they have offered LDAP hardening recommendations so that these controllers
> are not vulnerable.
>
> Those recommendations are:
>     - enable LDAP channel binding and
>     - LDAP signing on Active Directory Domain Controllers.
>
> (I don't pretend to know what that is.)
>

> My question is -- if our AD admins implement these recommended hardenings,
> what impact will that have on our sssd clients?

Hi,

those changes might require to use LDAP with TLS either with START_TLS
on the LDAP port or using LDAPS.

Currently SSSD only uses the LDAP port with the AD provider.
Additionally SSSD uses SASL/GSSAPI/GSS-SPNEGO for encryption with cannot
uses together with TLS in AD.

I'm currently working on patches to allow LDAPS as well and make sure
that SASL/GSSAPI/GSS-SPNEGO are set up so that it can be used together
with TLS.

HTH

bye,
Sumit