Hi all

I am currently authenticating users with Centos 6 and sssd to an LDAP
server. I'll be moving to a Centos 8 so have setup sssd to authenticate
to the LDAP server on my test Centos 8 box. However, our users in our
LDAP only contains all numeric identifiers for users. Centos 8 no longer
accepts all numeric user names and group names

Currently my sssd.conf contains:

  ldap_user_uid_number = uid
  ldap_user_gid_number = uid
  override_homedir = /homes/%u

Our LDAP server contains "uid" values for users like "123456"

I'll still be able to use the LDAP "uid" for UNIX uid and gid but what
I would like to be able to do is have the user name (and group name)
created by prefixing the LDAP "uid" values with a literal "u" to make
them POSIX compliant.

Hence a user 123456 with "uid" of 123456 in LDAP can login and end up
with a username of "u123456".
I can't see a way to do that with a simple template in the "man
ssd.conf"

Mike Lake
UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F DISCLAIMER: This email message and any
accompanying attachments may contain confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this
message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects. Think. Green. Do. Please consider the environment before
printing this email.