> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:49:55AM -0000, Hristina Marosevic wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> glad to hear it is working now. Thanks for your patience.
>
> bye,
> Sumit

Hello,

As I was planning, I tried to login with an expired certificate and the
authentication failed with error:
write(2, "(Wed Mar 25 16:28:59 2020) [[sssd[p11_child[10489]]]]
[do_verification] (0x0040): Certificate [(null)][CN=test_sssd,.....] not valid
[-8181][Peer's Certificate has expired.].\n", 194) = 194
I also, in some way tested authentication using certificate signed by untrusted
authorities  i.e. when the root and intermediate CA certificates were not
imported correctly I got the error: " Certificate not valid. .....Peer's
Certificate is not recognized"
This seems to be working properly.

The last scenario which I would like to test is CRL status, but if possiible
using offline CRL list instead of OCSP responder.
I guess certificate_verification=no_ocsp stays in the sssd section of the sssd
configuration, but what else should I do to make sssd chek the revocation
status of a user certificate using an offline CRL list, stored somewhere on the
machine?
This is like that because our lab environment is not connected to internet, and
I can not use the OCSP URL given in the user's certificate. Is this workaround
possible?

BR,
Hristina