On Thu, Apr 02, 2020 at 03:32:43PM +0200, mbalembo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having trouble adding etoken support to SSSD/openldap on a gentoo.
>
> I have setup nssdb in /etc/pki/nssdb and add Safenet library to access
> etoken.
> I can successfully get the certificate in token with :
>
>    # /usr/libexec/sssd/p11_child --pre --nssdb=/etc/pki/CA/

Hi,

which version of SSSD are you using? I guess you've meant
'--nssdb=/etc/pki/nssdb' in the example above?

> now, to sssd itself ;
> I'm trying an ssh login, and the output on term is :
>
>    # ssh b...@example.com
>    Please enter smart card
>
>    Please enter smart card
>
>    Please enter smart card
>
>    b...@example.com: Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).

With ssh everything is different, please check e.g.
https://docs.pagure.org/SSSD.sssd/design_pages/smartcard_authentication_step1.html
about how to use Smartcards with ssh. Typically the Smartcard reader is
not attached to the host you want to authenticate to and as a result
SSSD cannot handle the Smartcard authentication in this case.

> I can see in p11_child.log that, it use nssdb to (successfully !) connect to
> the smartcard.
> I can see the correct label, the correct subject.
> The keyId is found (I don't understand why i need it and I'm not sure if the
> value i picked is right ?)
> Anyway, I get my uri, everything seem fine on this side.
>
> Looking at sss_LDAP.log, i can see the request, everything look cool, i got
> :
>
>    sssd.dataprovider.pamHandler: Success
>
> On the other side, in sss_pam.log i can see the same request but it end with
> :
>
>    [pam_dp_send_req_done] (0x0200): received: [28 (Module inconnu)][LDAP]
>    (..)
>      [pam_eval_prompting_config] (0x4000): No prompting configuration
>    found.
>    (Thu Apr  2 15:23:08 2020) [sssd[pam]] [pam_reply] (0x0200): blen: 21
>    (Thu Apr  2 15:23:08 2020) [sssd[pam]] [pam_reply] (0x0200):
>    Returning [28]: Module inconnu to the client
>    (Thu Apr  2 15:23:08 2020) [sssd[pam]] [client_recv] (0x0200):
>    Client disconnected!
>
> I'm confused at how to understand this.
>
> The sssd.conf is attached.
>
> Thanks,
> Marc
>

> [sssd]
> config_file_version = 2
> reconnection_retries = 3
> services = nss, pam
> # SSSD will not start if you do not configure any domains.
> # Add new domain configurations as [domain/<NAME>] sections, and
> # then add the list of domains (in the order you want them to be
> # queried) to the "domains" attribute below and uncomment it.
> domains = LDAP
> certificate_verification = no_oscp
> #certificate_verification = no_verification
> debug_level = 6
>
> [nss]
> #filter_users = root,admin,ldap,named,avahi,haldaemon,dbus,radiusd,news,nscd
>
> [pam]
> pam_cert_auth = True
> pam_p11_allowed_services = +sddm, +sddm-helper, +kde, +sshd

Please do not 'sshd' here as mentioned above this would not work. For
the first steps I would recommend to try to log in on a text console or
try after logging in to the host where the Smartcard reader is connected
to run 'su' or 'sudo'. I have not tested sddm or kdm, so I'm not sure if
they should work out of the box.

Feel free to send the SSSD logs if Smartcard authentication with
/bin/login, su or sudo still does not work.

HTH

bye,
Sumit