All,

This improved AD domain controller seems like an excellent solution to a
problem we face periodically in our company.  In our DMZs, 90% of the DCs
are blocked;  only a few are accessible.  Previously, it seems like sssd
did a CLAP ping to about 5 DCs.  If none of those 5 were accessible, game
over.

We could hard-code the accessible DCs in the sssd.conf file, but that's
ugly.  And the AD team swaps in and out AD DCs periodically.

What we've really do in this situation is remove sssd and use our older
(commercial) AD integration tool, which does this new sssd algorithm --
CLDAP ping all DCs in parallel.  So this older client works in a DMZ.

Now sssd 2.4.0 will as well.  Well done!

Spike