Hi,
I found following article. and we think we are running into same issue. We are
running sssd with RHEL 7.9. I have following questions -
1. Is this issue fixed with RHEL 7.9 ?  2. Is it possible to disable periodic
run of purge. We basically dont want to purge in favor of performance
improvement. 3. If so what is the downside of it. 4. How do I verify is this is
impacting us. I see very high cpu every 3 hours. I thought this may be the
cause.

1430415 – ldap_purge_cache_timeout in RHEL7.3 invalidate most of the entries
once the cleanup task kicks in

Thanks,Sanjay Agrawal